- HomeBTech Admission
Given below is the latest information on B Tech Admission 2021-22 with eligibility criteria and requirements for admission. The admissions in Engineering or the B. Tech. course are done on the basis of candidates’ score in the JEE Main exam which is conducted at All India Level. There are other engineering entrance exams which are held at the state levels, institute level, University Level etc. The admissions in the most prestigious engineering colleges – IITs and ISM Dhanbad are done on the basis of JEE Advanced which is conducted for ONLY the top 1.5 lakh JEE Main qualified candidates.
The B Tech Admissions 2021 in all the National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) and other State Engineering Colleges and Private Colleges will be done on the basis of JEE Mains Score. The exam was introduced in the year of 2013 under the “One-Nation-One-Test” norm of HRD Ministry.
B Tech Admissions 2021 – JEE Main Event Roll:
Engineering Admissions 2021 – JEE Advanced Event Roll:
Please note that the B Tech Admissions 2021 via JEE Advanced are applicable for only those candidates who have taken and passed the JEE Main exam. Mere qualification is not enough as the candidates have to be in the Top 1.5 lakh candidates to be eligible for the next level exam of JEE Advanced.
B Tech Admissions 2021 – Other Notable Exams:
• JEE Main
• JEE Advanced
• COMEDK UGET
An engineering education offers a wide range of career opportunities and study of the same should be aimed at discovering and preparing for these opportunities. Scores of students apply for B.Tech admission in engineering colleges in India. However securing a seat is easier said than done. Students have to prepare themselves by taking up state and national level entrance exams. Preparations begin as early as class nine. The competition out there is tough but with a plan of action in place things can certainly be done.
B.Tech admissions in India are conducted at national and state level. Some institutes like VIT and SRM conduct their own institute specific entrance exam. The minimum eligibility for candidates is class 12 with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biotechnology/Biology with a minimum percentage of 60 percent marks in total and individual subjects taken together.
Course Review: Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) course is a four year professional degree divided into eight semesters. The course is made up of class room study which includes lectures, seminars, practicals, projects/research work and industrial training. The first year of study is common for all b.tech aspirants. In the second and third year students study subjects as per their chosen specialization. In the final year of study students are given a choice of elective subjects as well as provided opportunties for industrial training.
Specializations: Aeronautical Engineering, Biotechnology,Chemical Engineering,Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical Engineering,Electronics and Communication Engineering, Industrial Engineering Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering and Petroleum Engineering
B.Tech Application form: B.Tech Application form can be downloaded from the respective university website. They are also available for sale at university counters and study centers along with course prospectus.
Colleges and universities offering B.Tech in India
Following is b tech admission 2021 guide for aspirants wishing to pursue B Tech courses across top colleges and universities in India.
01) IIT: Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced) is a common admission test for candidates wishing to apply for b.tech admission in IIT. In order to be eligible candidates are first required to clear JEE (Main) exam. JEE (main) is conducted by CBSE while JEE Advanced is conducted by IIT's. Conducted in the month of June the top 1,50,000 scorers in the mains exam are granted eligibility for the advanced test. The paper is objective in nature with subjects of Physics, Chemsitry and Mathematics and duration of three years each for each paper.
02) NIT: Candidates who have qualified the JEE Main exam are eligible to apply for B.Tech admission in NIT. The Central Seat Allocation Board is given the responsibility of admission in IIT. Admission is conducted on the basis of JEE main exam rank.
03) Aligarh Muslim University: Aligarh Muslim university conducts a common entrance exam for B.tech admission in AMU.The minimum eligibility for candidates is class 12 with subjects of Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics and English and minimum percentage of 50 percent marks. This course is offered with the following specialization Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
04) Anna University: Admission to B.Tech course in Anna university is based on the marks obtained in subjects of Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12 exam. The academic marks in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics 100, Physics + Chemistry =100) will be considered for ranking.
05) BITS Pilani: BITSAT, undergraduate level exam is conducted for B.Tech admission in BITS Pilani and its associate institutes. Candidates who have secured a minimum aggregate of 75 percent marks with subjects of Physics,Chemistry and Maths in class 12 exam are eligible to apply for admission. Board or state toppers can apply for admission directly. There are selected on merit quota. Selection for other candidates is based on BITSAT score and class 12 marks.
06) BHU: Admission to four year B.Tech course in BHU is done through Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) conducted by IIT's and Indian School of Mining Dhandbad. In order to be eligible candidates are first required to clear JEE (Main) exam. JEE (main) is conducted by CBSE while JEE advanced is conducted by IIT's. Conducted in the month of June the top 1,50,000 scorers in the mains exam are granted eligibility for the advanced test.
07) Delhi Technical University: B.Tech admission in Delhi Technical university is based on merit in JEE (Main) exam. Students who have passed class 12 exam with minimum percentage of 60 percent marks in subjects of Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to apply.
08) Jamia Millia Islamia: JMIEEE is an entrance test conducted by Jamia Millia Islamia for admission to B.Tech courses. Candidates aged between 17 and 23 years of age and those who have completed class 12 from recognized board with minimum aggregate of 50 percent with PCM subjects are eligible to apply.The selection of the candidates is be based on two major factors. One is written test (85% weight age is given to that) and the second is interview (15% weight age is given).
09) Nirma University: Admission to B.Tech in Nirma university is based on JEE main score.Students who have passed their class 12 exam from a recognized board with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Maths are eligible to apply for admission. Students will be informed about the required percentage for Class XII.
10) Panjab University: Panjab university conducts B.Tech admission on the basis of performance in JEE main exam. Students who have qualified the exam and those who have posses a diploma in any Engineering trade from the Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh OR Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or an equivalent examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education are eligible to apply.
11. SRM University: SRM Entrance test is conducted for admission to B.Tech in SRM university. Candidates have an option of selecting either paper-pencil or online mode for entrance test. Students who have passed class 12 with minimum of 70 percent in subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are eligible to apply.
12. VIT: VITEEE is conducted for B.Tech admission in VIT. Candidates who have completed class 12/intermediate or two year pre- university exam from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 60 percent in PCMB subjects are eligible to apply (50 percent in case of SC/ST and candidates belong to north east and Jammu and Kashmir). Candidates can apply either online or offline for VITEEE.