- HomeScottish Church College BEd Admission
Given below are the details on Scottish Church College BEd Admission 2022-23 with its notification, eligibility criteria and requirements.
Scottish Church College B.Ed Admission 2022-2 (For Women Candidates Only):-
Duration: The B.Ed. programme shall be of duration of two Academic Years [divided into four semesters]
Intake - 50 students
School Subjects offered: English, Bengali, History, Geography, Philosophy, Physical Science and Life Science
Selection of School Subject: The candidate must select only ONE School Subject studied either at the Graduation and / or Post Graduation level.
Reservations of Seats:
1. Being a Christian Minority Institution, the College reserves 30% seats for Christian minority applicants satisfying the minimum requirements prescribed by NCTE and the Calcutta University. Among Christian Applicants, preference is given to CNI / CSI / Mar Thoma candidates.
2. Reservation of Seats for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Person with Disability (PWD) will be as follows:
i) SC - 22%
ii) ST - 06%
iii) PWD - 03%
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe from other states will not get the reservation facility for SC/ST.
3. 50% Seats are to be reserved for untrained deputed teachers of class IX – XII.
4. The ratio for Home University students and Other University students shall be 80:20 Reservation of seats for B.Ed admission (only for fresher category)
i) Calcutta University - 80%
ii) Other University (OU) - 20%
Eligibility for Applying:-
Qualification: Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences /Social Sciences/Humanities, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. Requirement of 50% (fifty) marks shall not apply for persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, (Regulations, Norms & Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010 as laid down at para 8(i) of the aforesaid Gazette.
The relaxation of marks for SC/ST/PWD is 5%.
For fresher students (General Category) - 40 years (as on 30th June)
For Deputed Students (General Category) - No age bar.
Age limit is relaxable for maximum 5(five) years for students belonging to SC, ST and PWD categories.
Click Here for more details.