Given below are the details on Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 Notification, Application Form, Rules, Eligibility Criteria and procedure for applying. Kendriya Vidyalaya is a summation of 1093 central government schools affiliated to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan oversees the functioning of all kvs schools in India. The admission procedure for all schools is unified as per the KVS Admission guidelines that is published every year by the center. Following is a detailed admission guide for students and parents seeking admission across KVS schools in India 2021-22. Please note that these guidelines are not applicable to Kendriya Vidyalyas outside India.
KVS Admission Schedule 2021-22 -
Apply online at website - https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in/index.html
1) Advertisement for admission - Fourth week of March 2021
2) Online Registration for Class I - 01.04.2021 (10:00 AM onwards)
3) Last date of Online Registration for Class I - 19.04.2021 till 7:00 PM
4) a) Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates -
b) Admission of eligible candidates of selected list in following order:
(ii) From Service Priority Category (I and II) only
(iii) Shortfall of Reservation Quota after
admission in (i) and (ii) above
1st list - 23.04.2021
2nd list - 30.04.2021 (if seats remain vacant)
3rd list - 05.05.2021 (if seats remain vacant)
5) i) Declaration of provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats, if any (keeping the left over reserved seats blocked) - 03.05.2021 (Monday) to 05.05.2021
5) ii) Extended date for Second Notification for offline Registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST and OBC (NCL) if sufficient applications not received in online mode -
Notification on 10.05.2021
Registration from 10.05.2021 to 13.05.2021
Display of list and Admissions - 15.05.2021 to 20.05.2021
6) Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class XI)- Subject (in offline mode) to availability of vacancies in a particular class - 08.04.2021 to 15.04.2021
7) Declaration of list of class II onwards - 19.04.2021 at 4:00 PM
8) Admission for class II onwards - 20.04.2021 to 27.04.2021
9) Last date of admission for all classes except class XI - 31.05.2021
10) For KV students: Registration for admission in class XI - Within 10 days after declaration of class X results
11) KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class XI - Within 20 days after declaration of class X results
12) Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies) - After the admissions of KV students in class XI
13) Last date of admission for class XI - 30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE.
Eligibility For KVS Admission 2021 :-
ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION -
A Child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
A. The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
CLASS - MINIMUM AGE ON 31STMARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT - MAXIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT -
I - 5 years - 7 years
II - 6 years - 8 years
III - 7 years - 9 years
IV - 8 years - 10 years
V - 9 years - 11 years
VI - 10 years - 12 years
VII - 11 years - 13 years
VIII - 12 years - 14 years
IX - 13 years - 15 years
X - 14 years - 16 years
Note: The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
B. There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
FRESH ADMISSION FOR CLASS X AND XII -
Fresh admissions to class X & XII, other than KV students, will be entertained subject to availability of vacancies. Such admissions to class X and XII will be considered by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40. This will further be subject to the following conditions:
i) The child has been in the same course of studies i.e. in a CBSE-affiliated school.
(ii) For Class X, the child must have obtained not less than 55% marks in aggregate in class IX.
(iii) For admission to class XII, 55% marks in class XI examination is mandatory.
(iv) The child should otherwise be eligible as per KVS admission guidelines.
(v) The combinations of subjects opted by the student are available in Kendriya Vidyalayas.