• Established In : 1996
    Affiliated To : Anna University
    Website : www.ssn.edu.in
    Address : SSN Trust, 211/ 95, V.M. Street, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004, Tel: 91 44 2498 2656; 24986474

Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering (SSNCE), popularly known as SSN, founded by Dr. Shiv Nadar in the year 1996 is an engineering institution located in Chennai. It is committed to imparting world class technical knowledge and training to meritorious students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
The institutions, with their diverse and dynamic community of students offer a distinctive combination of some of the finest graduate, undergraduate and research programs, accomplished faculty, world class facilities and a residential campus. All the programs are affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
NIRF Ranking 2021
Engineering - 45


SSN College of Engineering Admission 2020-21:-
UG Programs -
1. B.E. Bio-Medical Engineering
2. B.E. Civil Engineering
3. B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
4. B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
5. B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
6. B.E. Mechanical Engineering
7. B.Tech. Chemical Engineering
8. B.Tech. Information Technology
Eligibility -
1) Selection of candidates will be based on the Qualifying marks (Q) obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in Plus Two or equivalent.
2) Q = M + ((P+C) / 2), where M, P and C are percentage marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry respectively.
3) Selection is solely on Merit.
4)  Mere submission of data sheet is not a guarantee for selection.
Out of the total seats 65%  are filled up through single window counselling. The seats offered by SSN are filled up within the first few days of counselling with significant high cut-off marks. The remaining 35% seats of the management quota are also offered through merit. 25 seats are earmarked for students who excel in both their academics and sports and 25 for toppers of government rural schools of Tamil Nadu.
B.E/B.Tech admissions open from 7.6.2021.



Education at SSN Institute is completely a new life for students because of its awesome environment, well equipped and uniquely architected infrastructure. College provides facilities such as huge Wi-Fi enabled campus, centrally air-conditioning auditorium with a seating capacity of 1000 students, counseling centre, labs, library that houses nearly 46,000 volumes of books, two-storied, well-equipped, modern cafeteria providing hygienic food, students clubs, dispensary, separate hostels for girls and boys and many other facilities for students to spend their precious years with enthusiasm.


Exams Accepted:


Placements are provided to deserving students. Some of the top recruiting companies at the campus for placement process are as follows:
Birlasoft Ltd.
Covansys (India) Pvt. Ltd.
DSL Software Ltd.
Future Software
iGate Global Solutions Ltd
Microsoft India Corporation Pvt Ltd
Nokia India Pvt. Ltd
Photon Infotech P Ltd.
Satyam Computer Services Ltd.
TATA Consultancy Services Ltd.
TVS Electronics Ltd.


SSN Trust, 211/ 95,
V.M. Street, Mylapore,
Chennai - 600 004,
Tel: 91 44 2498 2656; 24986474


  • SSN College of Engineering Building