The admission to the qualified students shall be given through the centralized counselling conducted by the CLAT office. This counselling basically aims at imparting the final admission to the shortlisted candidates. The official authority will organize the CLAT Counselling 2023 as per the official schedule and the students need to attend as accordingly.
• The admission to the students shall be given through the merit cum preference basis. It means that while allotting the seat, the student’s scores in the entrance exam and their preference for NLU will be considered.
• This is the online counseling which will be conducted soon after the declaration of the result.
• The steps involve in the CLAT Selection Procedure 2023 are described here for the students.
Step 1: Publication of first indicative list:
• The first step of the counseling procedure is the release of the university – wise first indicative list on the basis of the merit cum preference.
Step 2: Payment of the counseling fee and exercising of the options:
• A specified number of candidates are permitted to attend the counseling process against the actual number of seats available in the participating NLUs.
• The provisionally selected aspirants will have to pay the counseling fee of Rs 50,000. This counseling fee is adjustable and automatically transferred to the NLU where the students will get admission.
• It is important for the students to know that if he fails to deposit this amount of counselling fee then he will not be considered for the admission purpose.
• After the payment of the counselling fee, the students will have to reserve their seats by following the official instructions.
Step 3: Publication of the second list having the names of the finalized students:
• The third step of the CLAT Counselling 2023 is the publication of the second list which has the names of the finally selected students after the payment of the counseling fee.
• Along with this list, another list for waitlisted students will also be released who are provisionally selected against the dropped out candidates, if any.
• The additional candidates will have to deposit the requisite counselling fee and reserve their seats within the prescribed limit of time.
• The provisionally selected candidates can withdraw from the counselling and admission procedure within the stipulated time. A nominal fee of Rs 10,000 will be deducted from the counselling fee. Any withdrawal after the stipulated date will result in forfeiture of the entire amount of the counselling fee.
Step 4: Publication of third list allotting seats to the candidates:
• The official authority will release the third comprehensive list for the candidates who have paid their counselling fee. This is the fourth step of the CLAT 2023 Counselling.
• This list includes the names of the students who have deposited the requisite counseling fee against the 1st and 2nd indicative list.
• Another list of waitlisted students will also be released along with the third list.
Step 5: Completion of the admission formalities at the allotted NLUs:
• After getting the seats in the NLU, the students will have to approach the allotted NLU with the balance amount for admission and other fees.
• Along with the fees, the students will have to carry the relevant certificates in support of the various claims made by the students during the scheduled period and complete the admission formalities.
• The candidates not possessing the relevant certificates or failing to meet the eligibility requirements will not allowed to seek admission in the participating NLU.
• It is important for the students to know that the students who fail to report to the allotted NLU within the specific limit of time will lose their claim for admission and the entire amount of the CLAT 2023 Counselling fee.