- HomeCAT Admissions
Below you will find CAT Admissions 2023-24 Notification, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process. The CAT, i.e. Common Admission Test is a national level test that is conducted by Indian Institute of Management. This test is conducted for the selection of candidates for the management courses all over India including those in IIMs. Many of the B-schools in India accept the scores of CAT exam for the admissions of candidates to MBA programmes and postgraduate fellowship programmes in various B-schools of India.
The admissions are carried out through an application process and systemized procedure that is carried out by the conducting IIM. This is given as follows.
CAT Admissions 2023 Application Procedure:
• Candidates must first register for the CAT exam through the website iimcat.ac.in. An application fee for of Rs. 1900/- for the general category candidates and Rs.950/- for the reserved category candidates.
• Applications are filled in the month of August to September.
• The CAT exam is conducted in the month of November and the result is released in January.
• The eligibility for the CAT Admissions 2023 is that the candidates must hold a valid bachelor’s degree with at least 50% CGPA percentage.
CAT Admissions 2023 Exam Details:
The CAT exam is conducted in computer-based mode. There are the following 3 sections in the CAT exam.
• Quantitative Ability (QA)
• Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
• Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
There are 34 questions asked from the QA and VRC sections. From the DILR section, 32 questions are asked. This makes up a total of 100 questions that are put up in the CAT exam. A total time of 3 hours is given to solve the complete paper.
CAT Admissions 2023 Preparation Tips:
For the preparation of the admissions, we have provided a set of useful exam preparation tips below. Aspirants of CAT exam must go through the tips given below.
• Candidates must make a well structured time table for studying by taking into consideration all the topics to be studied.
• Since, time management is very important in the CAT exam, candidates must practice mock test every day. This will help candidates to develop a good problem-solving speed.
• Candidates must take care of their health so that they can completely focus on the studies with a fresh mind and health.
• Candidates must study for at least 9-10 hours per day with dedication.
Candidates need to obtain a good percentile to cross the cut off of the CAT exam. This can help candidates to get admissions for the MBA courses in IIM and other top B-schools in India that accept the CAT score.
We wish all the aspirants the best of luck for their CAT Admissions 2023-24.