- HomeBITS Admission
Given below are the details on BITS Admission 2021-22 Notification, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria and Procedure for applying. The admission at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani is carried out through the BITSAT test i.e. the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test. The BITSAT is conducted by the institute which forms the basis of selection of the candidates for the various BITS institutes in India including the Pilani centre. The applications for the BITSAT 2021 are currently being invited. Read all the details about the BITS PILANI ADMISSIONS 2021 below.
BITS PILANI ADMISSIONS 2021 Admission Procedure:-
The admission to the Bachelor of Technology programmes at BITS, Pilani is done through the BITSAT test. The candidates who qualify in the BITSAT exam are called for further counselling processes as scheduled by the conducting officials. The admissions to the undergraduate programmes are also provided directly to the board toppers of state boards or central boards of education. They must satisfy the eligibility conditions set up by the conducting authorities. The procedure for the admission is given as follows.
• Candidates first need to apply for the exam by filling and submitting the application form before the last date.
• An announcement regarding the allotment of test centres to the candidates shall be made after the candidate’s applications shall be received.
• Candidates shall then be required to participate in slot booking and reservation of test centres for the BITSAT 2021 exam.
• The BITSAT exam will be held at the allotted test centre.
• After the board results will be out, candidates will have to apply for the programme preferences on the basis of marks obtained in class 12 board exams.
• After this, a final admit list will be released by BITS including the waiting list and counselling shall be carried out for the selected candidates.
The candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria to participate in the BITSAT 2021 exam and the BITS PILANI ADMISSIONS 2021 These are as follows:
• Candidates must have passed the class 12 qualifying examination with physics, chemistry, mathematics and English as the compulsory subjects with at least 75% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in the individual subjects.
BITS PILANI ADMISSIONS 2021 Important Dates:-
Institute Overview: Birla Institute of Technology and Science holds a strong reputation among institutes for higher learning in India. This deemed university provides world class undergraduate education in science and technology. Despite being autonomous in nature the same degrees are awarded at all campuses of the university. The standout feature of BITS includes its Work Integrated learning Program (WILP) that is nonetheless a pioneering effort in off-campus practical experience.
BITS Admission : BITS Admission is conducted for first year integrated degree programs and higher degree programs. The institute conducts an All India Computerized entrance test (BITSAT) for admission. Based on the number of applications the test is scheduled. BITSAT is one of the most competitive of engineering examination in the country.However the exam has a low acceptance rate outside BITS institutes. The admission process is carried strictly on the basis of merit.
BITS Integrated First degree programs
• B.E.(Hons.): Chemical
• B.E. (Hons.): Civil
• B.E. (Hons.): Computer Science
• B.E. (Hons.): Electrical and Electronics
• B.E. (Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation
• B.E. (Hons.): Mechanical
• B.E. (Hons.): Manufacturing
• B. Pharm. (Hons.)
• M.Sc. (Hons.): Biological Sciences
• M.Sc. (Hons.): Chemistry
• M.Sc. (Hons.): Economics
• M.Sc. (Hons.): Mathematics
• M.Sc. (Hons.): Physics
• M.Sc. (Tech.): General Studies
• M.Sc.(Tech.): Finance
• M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems
Eligibilty: The eligibility for BITS Integrated First Degree Programs is as follows
1.Class 12 (10+2) from a central recognized board or university with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
2.This also includes a minimum aggregate of 75 percent in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12 with at least a minimum of 60 percent marks in each of the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics).
3.Proficient in English.
The merit position of candidates will be based on BITSAT scores.
Direct Admission will be granted to students who have topped their respective board in Class 12. These students need not appear for BITSAT 2020 to be considered for admission.
Application Process: Candidates wishing to apply for these courses are required to apply through the BITSAT application form for admission to Integrated First degree programs. This form is made available with the official notification. Forms are usually available in the second week of May.
Once the application forms are filled and submitted candidates can check their application status on BITSAT websites. The institutes also publish BITSAT cutoff marks for the first semester of various courses. Please note that cut-off marks for the same vary from year to year.
•Applying for BITSAT- Second week of February.
•BITSAT- Usually between May and June.
BITS Higher degree programs
• M.E. Chemical
• M.E. Chemical (with specialization in Petroleum Engineering)
• M.E. Civil (with specialization in Structural Engineering/Transportation Engineering/Infrastructure Systems)
• M.E. Communication Engineering
• M.E. Computer Science
• M.E. Design Engineering
• M.E. Embedded Systems
• M.E. Electrical (with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives)
• M.E. Manufacturing Systems Engineering
• M.E. Mechanical
• M.E. Microelectronics
• M.E. Software Systems
• M. Pharm.
• M. Pharm. (With specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmaceutics)
Degree Wise Eligibility Criteria:-
•Biotechnology- Any integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with sufficient preparation in Biochemistry and Microbiology.
•Chemical, Civil, Computer Science and Mechanical: Integrated First degree of BITS in any discipline or its equivalent.
•Communication Engineering: Integrated First degree of BITS in Electrical/Electronics/Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
•Design Engineering and Manufacturing Systems Engineering: Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical or its equivalent or M.Sc. (Tech.) Engineering Technology of BITS or its equivalent with the requirement of taking certain additional courses.
•Electrical with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives:Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical/Electronics/Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
•Embedded Systems: Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science or its equivalent.
•Microelectronics: Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Physics or its equivalent.
•Software Systems: An integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with prior specification.
•M.Pharma: An integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with prior specification.
•M. Pharm. (With specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmaceutics): Integrated first degree in Pharmacy from BITS.
•MBA: Any Integrated first degree of BITS or BE/BTech in Engineering disciplines with minimum 60 percent marks.
Admission Modality: Candidates wishing to apply for higher degree programs have to apply for the Online BITSAT test that is conducted by the institute for admission at designated centers.
For the MBA course that is offered by BITS Pilani candidates with a relevant CAT score are eligible to apply. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and group discussion. Final Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of performance in interview and group discussion along with the relevant CAT score.
Last date for applying for Admission: Second week of May.