- HomeAdmission Requirements for Study in Singapore
Below you will find Admission Requirements for Study in Singapore, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Procedure for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programs. Singapore is one of the top study destinations for the Asian students. It offers the world –class education and an excellent infrastructure. If the candidate would like to pursue his higher education in Singapore then it is required to satisfy all the Eligibility and Admission Requirements for UG and PG Courses in Singapore. These requirements may vary as according to the University or institution which is chosen for study.
Eligibility Requirements – For UG Courses:
If the students want to take admissions in the undergraduate courses in the Singapore Universities, then it compulsory to satisfy all the Eligibility Requirements for UG Courses.
• For the UG courses, it is required to complete class 12th or an equivalent exam from the recognized board. The Singapore Universities give preference to some boards like CBSE and ICSE as compared to the state boards.
• It is required that class 12th examination is qualified with 85% minimum marks.
• Admissions in UG Courses require that the candidate must submit the IELTS/ TOEFL marks to the University authorities.
• The academic transcripts are required to be submitted to the University authorities only in the English language.
Some Standardized UG Examinations:
There are various examinations which are conducted in order to provide admissions in the Top Universities of Singapore. Some of them are described here.
• TOEFL: It is organized by ETS, USA and accepted by the Singapore Universities. This examination is conducted to check the student’s ability to speak and understand the North American English language.
• IELTS: IELTS is organized by the University of Cambridge to check the proficiency of English. There are four parts and the overall score is then calculated by combining the scores in all sections. The accepted average for the Singapore Universities for all overall score is 6.5.
• SAT: SAT is the standardized examination conducted by the College Board. This is the examination which is conducted to offer the admissions to the undergraduate courses.
Eligibility Requirements – For PG Courses:
The Eligibility Requirements for the PG Courses in Singapore are mentioned here. It is required to fulfill all the eligibility conditions in order to take the admission in the PG courses.
• Admissions in the PG Courses required that the candidate must possess the bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the recognized and reputed University or institute.
• Score cards of GMAT, GRE etc are needed to be submitted to the University authorities.
• For the admission in the MBA course, it is required that the student must have the 2 – 3 years of work experience.
• A minimum 2.8 CGPA at the graduation level is compulsory.
Admission Procedure – For UG and PG Courses:
If the candidate wishes to take admissions in the UG and PG courses then it is required to know the Admission Procedure for UG and PG Courses.
• The student can obtain the application form through the official website of the selected University.
• There is no central agency for the admissions to the higher education in the Singapore Universities. The candidate needs to apply directly to the University in which he is interested.
• The students must have to submit the letter of recommendations and the statement of purpose describing the proper reason for going.
• All the necessary documents must be submitted along with the application form for the Admissions in the UG and PG Courses.
• The candidates are advised to submit the application form and complete the admission procedure before the deadline.
The information regarding the Eligibility and Admission Requirements for UG and PG Courses in Singapore is mentioned here. Other information can be gained by the information brochure of the University.
Abhijit Kadam Institute of Management and Social Sciences offers Masters of Business Administration which is a two years post graduate course approved by AICTE.
Academy of Business and Engineering Sciences provides Master of Computer Application which is a 3 years post graduate course and is approved by AICTE with an intake capacity of 60 seats.
Advance Institute of Management offers Bachelor in Computer Applications which is a three years under graduate full time course affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut.
Apeejay Institute of Management offers Bachelor of Business Administration which is a three years full time undergraduate course divided in six semesters and has an intake capacity of 40 students.
B Tech in Aeronautical Engineering is a four years full time undergraduate course offered by Babu Banarasi Das National Institute of Technology and Management.
Babu Banarasi Das National Institute of Technology and Management offers B Tech in Bio Medical Engineering which is a four years full time undergraduate course and has an intake capacity of 60 students.
Bharati Vidyapeeth deemed university Pune proffers Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) which is a four and half years under graduate course.
It is a 3 year programme which is offered by the Calicut Medical College .